Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login
About Varied / Hobbyist genocyberMale/Canada Groups :iconrealm-of-robotnik: Realm-of-Robotnik
A club for EVERYTHING Robotnik.
Recent Activity
Deviant for 13 Years
Needs Core Membership
Statistics 708 Deviations 11,055 Comments 185,528 Pageviews
×

Newest Deviations

Favourites

I just have gotten done playing Undertale, which is a game that has been picking up more and more popularity as time rolls on. After playing through it myself, I feel like this is a game unlike any other I have seen. There are strong similarities to Earthbound, which I'm sure were inspired from but has gone in a different direction tone-wise.
The game plays heavy on morality, which breaks the 4th wall a lot to talk directly to the player, which is done in a non-camp way, and can be really effective in stirring the right emotions it wants out of you. Each character I met in the game I found had their own unique personality to them, that with the abundance of humor made each of them likable and hard to pick a favorite from. I don't think I can remember a villain in a game that has made me hate them as much as I hated Flowie. But just when you think you got him figured out, the game throws you a curve ball and adds more conflicting emotions.
The game has three options to choose from, Neutral, Genocide, and Pacifist. Naturally, I wanted the good ending because who wants to work for an incomplete bad ending where everyone loses? Although wouldn't that make an interesting Mario game where you get the option to spare goomba's and have you and Bowser hug it out. Call me a sap, but this game sucked me right in and made me feel like everyone were real people I was talking to, and that it was more than just a game to turn off and walk away from. They were all real creatures, with their own lives you were walking in on. I know, I know...just a game, but still...
Like any good story, the worst part is when it ends. You just want to stay in that world and see what happens next.
I give the game a strong 10/10 rating, achieving with simple pixels the most complex of polygons struggle with. To make the game feel "real".

deviantID

genocyber

Artist | Hobbyist | Varied
Canada
I'm an artist living on Vancouver Island, BC. Am hoping to one day have a successful career with my art. Always open to future commissions.
Interests

AdCast - Ads from the Community

×

Commissions

Commissions info
Rouge by genocyber
Professor Ivy by genocyber
General Tesler by genocyber
Akainu by genocyber
For any who are interested in commissioning me, here are my prices. I am quite flexible to most things and will do my best with each request. I do not take DA points.

sketch - $10
b/w line art $15
color - $ 20
color w/ background $30

Comments


Add a Comment:
 
:iconpteryon:
Pteryon Featured By Owner 17 hours ago  Student Digital Artist
Thanks for the fav!
Reply
:iconsmileyfaceorg:
SmileyFaceOrg Featured By Owner 3 days ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
THX for fav! :) :) :)
Reply
:icondinoking007:
dinoking007 Featured By Owner 5 days ago
You know that 99% of the art listed under genocyber is solely your work, whilst the remaining 1% is for the anime genocyber, which is kind of amusing since this anime is a hidden gem
Reply
:icongenocyber:
genocyber Featured By Owner 5 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
I've wanted to change my username to distance myself from the anime name...but everything I come up with is already taken on this site.
Reply
:icondinoking007:
dinoking007 Featured By Owner 5 days ago
Couldn't blame ya, most of the original names were taken within years after deviantart was created
Reply
:iconlexi247:
Lexi247 Featured By Owner Feb 2, 2016
Hello Hi! Just a random deviant stopping by to say hello!
La la la la Happy Groundhog Day! Rose  :eager: by darkmoon3636
I hope you have a wonderful day and a great February! Hug
Reply
:icongenocyber:
genocyber Featured By Owner Feb 2, 2016  Hobbyist General Artist
Thanks! =D
Reply
:iconissentlov:
Issentlov Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2016  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Thanks for the fave. :D
Reply
:icongenocyber:
genocyber Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2016  Hobbyist General Artist
Your welcome :)
Reply
:iconkmany:
Kmany Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2016
TH+fav NKS man!
Reply
Add a Comment: